Pages

Friday 27 February 2009

"We Don't Have Time to Implement Scrum!"

This is a statement I hear frequently in my company from POs and managers. Ken Schwaber recommends that, when starting out with Scrum, not to implement it on a low risk, manageable project 'cos everyone will say "So what? It was gonna work anyway!". Much better to pick a project that is critical and is just about to fail.

Problem with that is that it's nearly impossible to convince the PO to allocate any time to setting up even one sprint. Today I was on the receiving end of "We just need to get it done!". "Well", I said, "when's that gonna be?". "I don't know, but we don't have time for all this planning and stuff.".

On one hand I do understand where the PO is coming from but at what point do you stop and make some space to implement something that should reap massive benefits?

Slightly disappointing, but how can you argue with the PO?

No comments:

Post a Comment